Synopsis in German
Frivolous young Marie de Severac, (Cleo Madison), is frightened into following a more virtuous path when her father relates a story in which an equally frivolous woman is entombed alive.
Der Film ist verschollen.
Ingram drehte 1922 ein Remake dieses Films unter dem Titel «Trifling Women»
Laut IMdB basiert das Drehbuch auf einer Story von Cleo Madison, andere Quellen schreiben die Story E. Magnus Ingleton zu.
General InformationBlack Orchids is a motion picture produced in the year 1917 as a USA production. The Film was directed by Rex Ingram, with Cleo Madison, Francis McDonald, Wedgwood Nowell, Dick La Reno, Howard Crampton, in the leading parts. There are no reviews of Black Orchids available.
Bibliography - Bluebird Photoplays, Volume 1 N° 27
- The Cuba Patriot and Free Press, March 30, 1917 [Review]
- Daily Illini, Februar 20, 1917
- Exhibitor's Herald, January 13, 1917, pg 35 [Synopsis]
- Exhibitor's Herald, January 20, 1917, pg 22 [Review]
- Exhibitor's Trade Review, December 30, 1916, pg 276
- Film Daily, January 11, 1917
- The Kinematograph and Lantern Weekly, May 31, 1917, pg 101
- Motography, January 13, 1917, pg 107.
- Motography, January 20, 1917, pg 112.
- Moving Picture News, December 23, 1916, pg 4051
- Moving Picture News, December 30, 1916, pp 12p, 34
- The Moving Picture World, December 30, 1916, pg 1985
- The Moving Picture World, January 6, 1917, pp 98-99, 136
- The Moving Picture World, January 20, 1917, pg 421
- The New York Dramatic Mirror, December 30, 1916 [Review]
- Photoplay, March 1, 1917, pg 120
- Variety, December 29, 1916
- DeWitt Bodeen, Rex Ingram and Alice Terry, in Films in Review, February 1975, pg 76
- Liam O'Leary, Rex Ingram- Master of the Silent Cinema, The Academy Press, Dublin 1980, pg 46
- Anthony Slide, Selected Film Criticism 1912-1920, Scarecrow Press, Metuchen 1982, pg 25